Thursday, September 23, 2010

Put Your Time Where Your Mouth Is!

Let me underscore the need for some form of organizational leadership within the local Tea Party structure. This is the interesting part as to why I am involved as much as I suddenly find myself.

I got a phone call from someone from our local Tea Party asking if I would be willing to volunteer for a couple of hours in a booth at a local fair. I knew I had signed up as a member in name only. Right there at the moment of the call I had a moment of decision. I really hesitated because I did not want to commit to something else. But at that moment I realized that if I turned them down I would be a hypocrite.

While I was at the fair I became aware of an very serious issue within our local structure. There really wasn’t a structure. There were 3 people running the show for a body of over  600 members! They had been carrying the load for over a year and a half and they were burnt out. There I was. A brand new member.  I showed up for 2 hours and already saw the need to be involved. I was approached at the possibility of getting deeper involved and as I thought of it over time, I realized that this is my calling and duty for today.

Here’s the thing, folks! If you are truly FED UP and plainly scared for the future of our country stop complaining and get your rear in gear. I serious. No. I’m deadly serious.

We are at a crossroads in American history. Which way will we go? Will we continue in the freedom and independent spirit that makes us uniquely American or will we slip into a fascist (yeah. I meant fascist- more on that later) type of government? Will you wait till it’s too late?! When your children and grandchildren are grown will you be able to look them in the eyes and tell them how you did everything in your power to fight the forces that are leading to tyranny?

To those of you who are sitting around complaining I am telling you to wake up and get off your duff! Stop name calling. Stop whining. 

There is a statement in the Bible which sums it up perfectly. It is used to speak to those who say they believe but do not do anything  that reflects their belief. If you do not act like you have faith then you make your faith void.

“Faith Without Deeds is Dead”

Political will without action is worthless. So shake off the fog in your brain and make a few phone calls. Commit to the next few months to work with gusto- and then don’t quit. 2012 is coming.

2 comments:

  1. Great! We at www.berksteaparty.org love this kind of stuff. Keep it UP!
    John Stahl

    ReplyDelete